The Kindred Public Library is staffed solely by dedicated volunteers. Are you interested in joining this fun, enthusiastic group? Complete the "sign me up as a volunteer" form available at the library. Training is provided.
Volunteers are essential to library operations. They:
- coordinate and/or provide assistance for special activities and fund-raising events
- perform front desk duties.
- complete building maintenance tasks, both inside and outside of library facility.
- provide ideas for additional events and library functions.
Several volunteers also serve as directors who coordinate various aspects of library functions. Contact these directors if you are interested in further information in these areas:
• Director of Children's Programming - responsible for summer reading program and a variety of children's events.
• Lisa Anderson, Director of Technology - responsible for computer maintenance and purchase, remodeling projects, coordination of training opportunities.
• Georgia Berg, Director of Administration - responsible for coordination of volunteers, office administration, overdue notices, website maintenance.
• Linda Otterson, Director of Programming - responsible for organizing and scheduling of events.
• Gail Rogne, Director of Material Management - responsible for ordering, cataloging and shelving materials, removal of materials.